Looking for ways to get involved? It’s a busy spring for the Epilepsy Foundation – Iowa! Here are just a few of the upcoming events – and YOU are invited!
1.) Saturday, March 19, 2016 from 9 – 11 AM at Climb Iowa, 3605 SE Miehe Drive, Grimes, Iowa http://www.climbiowa.com/programs/groups/adult/
- We will be climbing and doing team building activities. Must register in advance with Roxanne. Activity paid for by Youth Council funds.
2.) Saturday, April 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM at Wells Fargo Arena “Iowa Barnstormer Epilepsy Awareness Night” http://www.theiowabarnstormers.com/
- 20-30 Free tickets for Teens/Young Adults to be Honorary Captains on the field before the game recognized as “Teens Supporting Teens With Epilepsy”! Must register in advance with Roxanne.
- Reduced tickets available for only $13/ticket for additional family members and friends (see attached flyer on ordering)
- Two EF exhibit tables with epilepsy education literature. Teens can help work these tables, if they would like.
- The Barnstormers would like some teens to arrive early to help stuff the epilepsy education insert in the program booklets.
- There will be a Meet and Greet with the players after the game.
- We will all be sitting in the same section, so be sure to wear purple to support epilepsy!
3.) Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 8:00 AM at Jordan Creek Mall “Iowa Walk for Epilepsy”http://www.epilepsyiowa.org/ef-walks/
- Youth Council will be in charge of the kids activities at the walk. Mentors Patrick/Patsy organizing this!
- Your family/friends can register a team to participate in the walk athttps://runsignup.com/Race/IA/WestDesMoines/IowaWalkforEpilepsyDesMoines.
- There will also be live music, a silent auction, local team mascots and much more!
March 10, 2016 Iowa Epilepsy Advocacy Day at the Iowa State Capitol from 8:30 AM to Noon http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ec4z84b9f0b603f6&llr=yvdl9qrab